Tuesday, October 20, 2020

I Am Candy Corn! Some History and a Reader's Theater!! How SWEET!


If I were CANDY CORN - I'd be the Queen of Halloween!  It's my favorite.  I love trying to take bites that separate the white from the orange and the orange from the yellow!  I'm not OCD - I just like to have a little fun!!  Love it (or hate it!?!?!?), where did this iconic Halloween treat come from?

Well . . . George Renniger, an employee of Wunderlee Candy Company in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, invented Candy Corn in the 1880's.  This little tri-colored sweet was initially called "chicken feed" due to its resemblence to the popular poultry food at the time.  It is made of sugar, corn syrup, fondant, marshmallow creme. and vanilla flavor.  The recipe has not changed in over 100 years!

Since Halloween is right around the corner - I am featuring my newest Reader's Theater . . .

  I Am Candy Corn!!  
 Please click below to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment